BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dont Make Me

Don’t make me apologise

For something I did not cause

For something that is not my fault

For a situation I did not create

Don’t make me wonder

About the things that went wrong

About someone I no longer know

About something I’m lost between

Don’t make me speak

When I don’t want to talk

When I need to be quiet

When I have to understand the silence

Because when you make me apologise

It will be for something you caused

And if I were to apologise, I would on my own

With no persuasion form anyone but me

When you make me wonder

I will be breaking myself even more

Because the memories will come back to haunt me

And I will never know peace

When you make me speak

Words filled with spite and anger may be heard

Emotions will be let loose

And those I cherish, will be hurt

You did this to me

The things I did, the thoughts I thought, the words I said

Everything was because of you

Because you broke this already bruised heart

So I won’t speak, not with you

I want to make no conversation with you

Because I choose to do so

Because this was your doing

And I will not wonder, not about you

I will not let my thoughts stray to you

Because I choose not to

Because this is what you did

And I will not apologise, not to you

I make no apologies

For the way I choose

To mend what you broke

So don’t try to make me.


by Joanna Ambrose

0 comments: