BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bleeding Love



I have dreams sometimes
about my chest splitting open
and blood rushing out
my heart jumping out
as if having a seizure
the blood spilling all over my body
leaking onto my wrist
that wrist with the tattoo
that tattoo of you

So i paint a picture of this dream
Hoping they stop coming back to me
but they just keep haunting me
no matter how hard i try
they wont leave me alone

so i pick up that shiny thing
i run my fingers over its edges
it's shiny sharp edges
but when i reach the tip
i suddenly realise
i'm laying in a pool of blood
pouring out from my wrist
i look down
and i see the pool of blood
all around me
blood rushing out of my wrist
that one,
with the tattoo of you

i woke up this morning
wondered what happened
why am i here

i used to think the blood on my hands
was the pain, the hurt, the anger
of being without you near me
but now i see
the pain is from everything that is you
the hurt is from everything you do
the anger is form everything you dont do

you keep giving me hope
then taking it away
you keep making those promises
but you never keep them anyway
and suddenly i remember
you are the knife that's cutting me
you and everything you are
is the reason why i'm still bleeding.

by Joanna Ambrose

0 comments: